Random Poems

Sunday 9 June 2013

Sinking 'Ship

Sinking 'Ship

This 'ship is going down!
We've hit something hard.
And cold.
Is that your heart?
Or is it mine?
No longer beating in time.
This 'ship is going down!
Women and children first.
Save our souls
Our hearts
Our love?
Got to try and stay above,
But the waves are crashing over me.
Waves of guilt; of fear.
I feel so lonely.
This 'ship is going down!
Got to try to get away.
Before I'm pulled back;
Dragged down,
Drowning.
In my tears,
In your tears.
We could flood an ocean.
This 'ship is going down!
Will I rise to the surface?
Or sink down – down – down –
And drown?
Should I stay aboard?
Or jump into the safety
Of the unknown?
The blue is beckoning,
Calling. I know it well.
My life's a misery,
A living hell.
The bow is going under,
The back-end is still afloat;
I curse the day we ever met,
And boarded this sinking boat.
The cold is lapping at my feet,
Filling me with chills.
My heart, it feels no difference,
My heart is cold. And still.
But my mind won't stop chattering,
Never has. Never will.
This 'ship has gone now, my love
Our end is, oh, so near.
We.
Never should have taken this trip,
Of us. With you.
It's going – going – gone –
Our relationship.




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment