Random Poems

Sunday 9 June 2013

Time

Time

        Killing myself.
                Slowly,
                        with cigarettes.
        Poisoning myself.
                Harshly,
                        with wine
        Driving too fast
                down a one-way street.
        But which way is right?
                I don't want to die, but
                        I want to kill what we have.
                I don't want to hurt you, but
                        I want my heart back.
It's time to stop.
        Killing myself,
                with cigarettes.
        Poisoning myself,
                with wine.
Loving you.
        It's time to start.
                Enjoying life,
                        with cigarettes.
                Enjoying a glass,
                        of wine.
                Time for me to get on with life,
                        without you by my side.




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment