Random Poems

Saturday 7 September 2013

The Damage Done

The Damage Done

I see your back ahead of me,
And I'll follow you 'til the end,
Wherever you may take me,
Whatever happens around the bend.

Take me to the depths of Hell,
To the icy plains above;
Whatever we do, I'll never tell,
I can never have enough.

I can't survive without you,
You inject life into my brain;
I remember when I could choose,
Before I needed you in my veins.

A deaths-head where my face was,
My reflection seems so dim.
It can't be caused by you, 'cause,
You make me feel so good within.

And when you're not inside me,
When my blood is running bare,
The pain, it starts to ride me,
To the tip of every hair.

I know that I should leave you,
Get away and not return.
But I need me to feel you,
To feel that loving burn.

I need to have that cold steel,
Go beneath my skin;
To forget all of what I feel,
And silence the demons within.

But, it's time now to close the door,
Make another deal of mine;
I ain't gonna do you any more,
Well – not until next time.




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment