Random Poems

Saturday 7 September 2013

I Wish

I Wish

There was so much I wanted to say to you,
Before you left me all alone.
Before the only thing I had of you,
Was your picture on my phone.
I wanted to tell you the way I felt and
share this love that's deep inside;
To show you the heart you melted,
That passionate twinkle in my eyes.
But now you're gone, whirlwinded away,
And all because I was a fool.
I shouldn't have said that thing that day,
I shouldn't have lost my cool.
I wish I could go back, back to the start,
And just not do that thing I did,
That's caused us both a broken heart,
Oh, I wish, I wish, I wish!
I was a damn fool to do what I did,
To jeopardise what we could have.
I didn't realise it then, but now I wish,
That I could take every bit of it back.
You're my sun, my earth, moon and stars;
You're the stuff of which my dreams are made.
We'd taken a firm grasp of our hearts,
And my words have acted the blade.
I wish you were here, laying with me,
See the sorriness flow from my eyes,
See how my feelings for you are so deep;
So you could just realise,
That man makes mistakes, it's merely a flaw,
And I'd fix it all up if I could.
I wish you'd give me a chance, one more,
To share with you the life that we should.




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment