Random Poems

Friday 5 April 2013

Love Of My Life


Love Of My Life

What would I do without you?
Where in the world would I be?
How could I go on living,
If I don't have you with me?

You fill me with a feeling,
Make me giddy in my head,
Without you I am nothing,
Empty, hollow, dead.

Even when I've had too much,
And I find that hard to say,
I don't regret a bit of it,
When I have you the next day.

I love the tingle in my throat,
The giddy in my head.
And if you didn't make it wet,
I'd take you to my bed.

Oh, you are my savior!
And if I'm feeling down,
You make my world all blurry,
And turn it upside down.

I want to have you on everything,
And though it might taste funny,
I'd rather put you on my toast,
Instead of spreading honey.

You tickle me with bubbles,
Take away my troubles.
Quencher of my thirst,
You're my universe.
And if the truth be told,
My lady of liquid gold,
I cheer when you are near,
My favourite glass of beer.





By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment