Random Poems

Friday 5 April 2013

Sit On My Facebook


Sit on my Facebook



You're the reason I wake.
You're the reason I stay,
Alert throughout my day.


For it's you that I must know.


Every second that flicks by,
The what, the where, the why,
Everything, 'bout your life.


For it's you that I must know.


The trawling? Yeah, it might be tedious,
Going through more information than Wikipedia.
But I don't know how I'd survive, without my social media.


I can chronologically name,
Your movements of every day.
And the pics of you. And Jane.
And Wayne. In Champagne.
On their wedding day.
You were the best bridesmaid.
That's the pic that starts my day.
(It's amazing what you can do with save;
And cut, and paste.)


I love it when I get the news,
Of everything you get to do,
And of everywhere you get to, too.


For it's you that I must know.


I love it when I come straight home,
And though I've checked you on my phone,
I much prefer when we're alone,


For it's you that I must know.


With you up on my biggest screen,
My evenings become a dream,
Just you, so beautiful; and me.
And while this might seem extreme
(You know, sometimes, you make me scream)
But usually, it's just me,
With you up on the screen, smiling down at me.
And as I fall asleep, in the glow of my Queen,
I know that I will always be, the man you'll never see.


For its I that you must know.











By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment