Random Poems

Tuesday 2 July 2013

Because I'm Thankful

Because I'm Thankful

I spent 12 months of my life in Amsterdam,
And though I don't remember that much,
I'm thankful for all of the photos,
Because of them I remember enough.
I spent way too much of my money,
I smoked it with a twirl and a twist,
I'm thankful to each of those baggies,
Because for once marijuana ain't missed.
I've been a stoner for as long as I remember,
The gag being I don't remember a lot,
I'm thankful for my year always stoned though,
Because of that I have finally stopped.
At the time I was desperately lonely,
Mary Jane being my only true friend,
I'm thankful I learnt to forget her,
Because she wasn't really helping me mend.
Like any lady she just cost me money,
Had me hooked, couldn't leave her alone,
I'm thankful I saw the dependence,
Because it's just me now, alone here at home.




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment