Random Poems

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Type Love

Type Love

My finger is poised above the buttons,
Testing my patience to push them.
So many things I want to say,
But I fear that once I start I won't stop.
This lifetime of feelings, pent up, unexposed,
Ready to pour down my face and onto the page,
Ready to flow from my fingers onto the screen.
I want to tell you what you mean to me,
To explain how I feel, how you give me chills,
I want to write it in CAPITALS for all to see.
I need to express these feelings, these thoughts,
I need to offload the things pressing on my chest,
Like how much I love you, have loved you and always will.
To explain the fluffy mess you've made of my mind.
To tell you how beautiful you are.
To show you how I feel.
To lay myself exposed and bare.
To finally be honest.
My finger is poised above the keys,
That could possibly unlock our future,
Ready to pour my heart and soul onto the screen,
Ready to type it all and press send...

But instead I just send you a smiley face :)




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment