Random Poems

Wednesday 3 July 2013

Black Dog

Black Dog

I used to be afraid to die,
Now I'm getting bored with life.
I wonder where it is that I,
Will end up on the other side.
And I wonder what it is I'll find,
When my time is nigh.

The emptiness in me grows,
But I try not to let it show.
The only thing I want to know,
Is how on earth will I go,
Drawn out and, oh, so slow,
Or be a swift, striking blow?

Sobriety eats away, away,
At the chains and gates,
That keep that Black Dog at bay.

The old me keeps on calling,
I feel like I am falling.
No matter how I stall him,
I just cant seem to fool him.
This hole I want to crawl in,
It's all about to fall in.

Sobriety eats away, away,
At the chains and gates,
That keep that Black Dog at bay.

I used to be afraid of death,
But now, what have I left?
As I draw my final breath,
Know I have given my best.
My soul it needs to rest,
About me, please don't forget.




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment