Random Poems

Tuesday 16 July 2013

Hearts Fire

Hearts Fire

There's a man in my heart,
Responsible for stoking my deepest of fires.
He works alone, always alone,
But he fuels every one of my desires.

He plants seeds in his garden,
That sprout and grow deep into my brain.
All my thoughts and feelings,
From those seeds my heart contains.

You started as one such seed,
Growing from the depths of my fiery heart.
And now you grow all through me,
From the very tips to the imagining part.

And when you come into sight,
That little man flutters the fires into a frenzy.
But then when you leave again,
They go out and leave me cold and empty.

So stay with me, in my life,
Keep the little guy happy and heart warming.
Because with that love from you,
That man will keep my fiery flares burning.




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment