Random Poems

Saturday 18 January 2014

Forever Sorry


Forever Sorry


I’m sorry that I hurt you,
I’m sorry that you cried,
I deserved those punches thrown at me,
After I told you that I’d lied.
I’m sorry that it went this way,
I’m so sorry that it did.
I’d like to say “in another lifetime”
But who’m I trying to kid.
I’m sorry that it went this way,
Ending up with a broken heart,
I’m sorry we didn’t realise these things,
From the very start.
But I’m not sorry for what we had,
Nor the good times that we shared,
And I know you don’t believe this,
But I really, really cared.
I’m sorry you don’t believe me now,
When I say I still care for you,
My actions don’t reflect my words,
But I’ll always be here for you.
I’m sorry that I hurt you bad,
I’m sorry that you cried,
And I’m sorry that what we had,
Seems to finally have died.








By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment