Random Poems

Saturday 18 January 2014

Pizza Diva


Pizza Diva

I like it when my pizza is perfectly round,
And sliced into sections symmetrically.
I like when the toppings are precisely placed,
And fresh cheese is layered impressively.
I like when the crust is crispy and cracks,
And splinters into a flurry of crumbs.
I like when the base is a little bit soggy,
And that bit of juice that dribbles down thumbs.
I like when the cheese, all stretchy and stringy,
Finally snaps and caresses your grin.
And that little bit of topping that always breaks free,
You can pop it back on with your fin - ger.
I always save those crispy crusts until last,
I should eat it as a spiral from the centre.
Relishing in the goodness of that topping laden disc,
In that meaty, cheesy splendour.
And after it’s done, I’ll nibble on those crusts,
And make chit-chat with my partner in pizza.
If they’re crusty and crisp, I’m smacking my lips,
Yep! I’m a big pizza diva!








By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment