Random Poems

Saturday 18 January 2014

Two Flowers


Two Flowers
 
I really miss what we briefly had.
It was special,
I hope you know that.
All I’ve been thinking about,
is how we stayed up all night talking;
then we finally kissed.
That amazing night surpassed everything I ever knew.
And then we grew,
like two flowers planted side by side,
but blown by the weather,
to join together,
to curl around each other,
our petals gently caressing,
our leaves touching,
tendrils entwining.
 
And then, out of nowhere,
a fence was put between us,
we could no longer touch,
caress,
feel;
and worst of all we could no longer talk.
There are a field of flowers on my side of the fence,
but I just don’t,
I can’t,
interact,
communicate,
feel with them like I did you.
All I can think about
is that beautiful sunflower on the other side of the fence;
the one that I had such a connection with,
the one that I experienced,
though only briefly,
that intense passion,
that feeling of perfection,
of belonging…
 
I want my sunflower back.
I want you back.
I miss you.
I miss what we had and could have.
 
I’d love to spend just one more night,
just talking with you again,
sharing space,
sharing time,
sharing minds.
I’m laid bare.




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment