Random Poems

Thursday 30 May 2013

Counting Down The Days

Counting Down The Days

I just want to go home.

I'm hungry,

        empty.

Sick of being melancholy,

        hate not having money

                and I hate not being free.

Why must I stay here,

         unable to do the things I want?

I feel trapped by my generosity.

You owe me,

        yet you're not paying me back.

Let me go, I just want to go.

I want to leave, and honestly,

        never see your face again.

You annoy me, fill me with dread,

        that my life is forever

                going to be surrounded by people,

                        people just like you.

Leeches on my wallet

         and my soul.

You owe me,

         supposedly paying me back.

Yet you still take,

         and I'm left with nothing.

No wonder I feel so empty.




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment