Random Poems

Friday 17 May 2013

Ode To Travel


Ode To Travel

I've seen so much about this world that I would never have learnt or known.
I had to find myself. Learn these things personally; and do it on my own.

I came crossing over many oceans and one day I will cross them back again;
But those oceans and this man are forever different, they can never be the same.

I've flown through the softest clouds and walked down the hardest roads,
Battling with baggage, crossed kindred others who helped me share my load.

I've been far too drunk and stoned, and fallen in love with far too many girls.
The young philosophers, whose minds bud with fresh thoughts of our world;

The unheard musicians with their music to my ears, the artists and their art,
All of these people that I've fallen in love with, they'll always be in my heart.

I've learnt a great deal of lessons along all of these ways that I have been,
Not all of them were good lessons and not all of them were even about me.

Some will take advantage of kindness, they'll keep you close and suck you in;
But don't ever judge a person until you truly know what's under their outer skin.

But that's only a small marred part, a tiny grey cloud in the otherwise bright blue sky,
I can't wait until I'm travelling again, my wings spread wide, tense and ready to fly.

It fills me with a deep sadness that this trip will soon be coming to its end,
But the sadness is matched with the happiness of a world full of my new friends.

Relative to everything, I have only been gone for a short amount of my time,
But the wealth I've gained can barely be measured by the memories in my mind.

So I say this to all of my friends that I've made around this world along my way -
Know as well as I do, that we will meet again soon, in this world some day.




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment