Random Poems

Thursday 9 May 2013

Hungover With Life


Hungover With Life

I see people with money, spending it, wasting it on wants.
Where's mine? I spent it, wasted it,
On nothing and no one.
I see people, they're happy, they're content.
Where's mine? Is it used up? Will I ever be happy again?
I see people, they're living, they're alive.
Where's mine? What happened to the soul of my life?
I look in the mirror and all I see, 
Is despair. Failure. 
A menace to myself.
I look into my eyes, my watery eyes.
The sadness.
The loneliness.
The uselessness.
I want to cuddle myself.
I want warmth to cascade upon me, 
to wash away the coldness, 
of my unhappiness.
I want to sit and let it drown me in its glory,
Let it run through my hair,
Slick down my body,
Warming me from the outside in.
And I know I can do it.
I've done it before.
But I need to first realise, 
Lots of things.
Who I am.
And who I'm going to be.
What I am.
And what I mean to me.
Where I am.
And where I want to be.
Why I am.
And why I'm angry at me.
How I can,
How I can be the me,
I want to be.
Need to be.
To be
Happy
.



By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment