Random Poems

Saturday 11 May 2013

I See You


I See You

I see you standing there so lonely.
Thinking you can't do a thing, to change your surroundings;
To change where you want to be.

I see you, you're a hopeless case.
Overweight with straggly hair; with that blemish, right there,
That's standing out on your weird face.

I see you being stupid and dumb.
Not smart enough to get, that thing that was said,
As the others all laughed as one.

I see you a waste of space.
Not good at anything you do. Really, what good are you?
All you can make is mistakes.

I see you angry with your best.
At those faults and the flaws, those failures; they're all yours.
You wish you were like the rest.

I see you shy with no confidence.
Beneath your false façade, chastising yourself too hard,
At every turn, at every incidence.

I see you.
Now see me.

See me, standing before you, so free. This body, it is pure perfection.
These are personal marks just for me, they're not flaws or imperfections.
It's not over weight, but filled up with hugs. And love for the self, and for others.
It's not all about one's self, this one love; it's also for the sisters and brothers.

See me, bathed in this beautiful glow, the head is held high and proud,
Proud of the things it can do and it knows. The inner beauty, it screams out loud.
Individuality, it shines forth, and positivity runs fast, along the rays.
None of this is easy, of course. It won't happen in a matter of days.

See me, it's not all about the self. Do things for others, and it won't have an -ish.
You will stop sinking into yourself. No one is perfect, but we all accomplish.
Have goals that aren't un-achievable, you just need them to be realistic,
Be believable and conceivable; the end results are just symbolisitic.

See me, making my share of mistakes, but I'm proud of myself that I do.
I'm not perfect. The first step, just take it, that's the hardest thing you can do.
I see you looking at me, just see, please; and cease all your deadly attacks.
You see me, as I see you, a beauty, staring in the mirror, and me staring right back.




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment