Random Poems

Thursday 30 May 2013

Lonely Longings

Lonely Longings

My lonely heart whispers sweet nothings,
my ears hear nothing but its lonely beats.

The rushing blood longing for the rush of love.

The feeling of warmth that glows from within,
like a shot of brandy to the brain.

My eyes are hazy, its hard to see through the tears,
they distort the world to how it feels.

I'm drowning,
drowning in the feeling of you;
whoever you are.

I know you're out there somewhere,
waiting for me, like I'm waiting for you,
waiting for each of us to join hearts,
and hands.

To expel that loneliness,
to feel each others rush of love,
to feel each others rush of blood,
in each others heartbeat.

To feel the warmth that we both recognise,
and both need.

To feel that shot to the head,
and to the heart;
making us glow from inside out.

I want to see your tears through mine,
as we finally realise –
you are the one.




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment