Random Poems

Wednesday 15 May 2013

My Addiction


My Addiction

I'm addicted.
I'll take it as powder - I'll take it as crystal.
I'll take it in bags, big ones or small.
If it's in a bowl, it won't be full
for long. It's mine! I want it all!
Watch it disappear before your eyes.
It fills me with joy to feel it pulverised
beneath the little spoon, becoming atomised.
I've had it raw, crystalline and brown.
Add a little water, watching it drown;
Dissolving it, melting it right down.
Usually, though, I get the white stuff,
Processed, but its powdered up enough.
Measured out on the spoon, rough,
then I'll stick that spoonful in!
Sometimes two, depending
on the day I've had when I get in.
It also comes as a very fine powder too,
But I've found it's not that good to use.
Especially using it for the uses that I do.
I know, deep down, that it's not good for me.
But I can't help it, it's a love that's so sweet,
It's natural too, so just how bad can it be?
And besides, I need to have it in my tea.
I'm talking about sugar! Are you with me?
I'm addicted.




By J. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment